August 8, 2011

Jobless & Stressed

What a way to start really getting into maintenance. It's been a couple of weeks since I've blogged, but the title of this post pretty much sums it up.

After my last blog post, Todd, Elise & I took a road-trip to Wisconsin. Yes, three of us, in a car for 2850 miles, for a week! Actually, we had a blast. We broke the trip up on the way up there, stopped in Atlanta, spent the night and went to the Aquarium, went to Chicago and did a lot of sight-seeing. We were able to spend some time with Todd's family and just really get away from things. It was nice.

However, I came home and went back to work, only to be let go from my position. As a lot of you know, there was a tremendous amount of stress working with the new management changes since February and apparently everything had tested it's limits to the breaking point. I was let go on 7/27 after 5 1/2 years there. That's all I'm going to say about that.

However, it's been incredibly stressful here considering neither of us are working, the economy totally bites and jobs are those things that require transportation. I had a company car, so I am transportation-less now as well. It's difficult to go out and buy a car when you have no income, so we're relying on Todd's car as our one vehicle at this point.

I'm sure glad the decision for he and Elise to move in here was made prior to my current employment status, otherwise I'd be a little concerned he just felt sorry for me! LOL

Needless to say, when I'm frustrated or stressed or upset...I don't care so much about what I eat. The past couple of weeks haven't been overly horrible, nor have they been overly successful. I'm still watching what I do, but by no means have I done what I need to every day. I'm definitely meal by meal, snack by snack at this point. On top of that, my gym schedule is all screwed up...ARGH!

I need a normal routine! Starting tomorrow, it's got to happen, at least the food and water....I'm promising myself that is going to start!! In the interim, I continue to job search...not a fun thing to do!

I just need to remember, choices & consequences....every day brings another choice and another consequence. Once this week is over, with moving things from the apartment to the house, Elise being away for a week, etc...things will start to settle into a more normal routine. I'm looking forward to "normal"...I'm not sure what that is or if I'll know when I find it...but I'm looking forward to it, none the less!

I hope all of you are hanging on better than I am!

~Michelle

1 comment: