June 13, 2011

Week 15...And so, it starts...

My apologies! It's been a long and busy couple of weeks and there hasn't been all that much to post here in regards to the day to day life on the program.

Things are going so well at this point in the program. Today marks 15 weeks and things have gone great. As of today I've lost 42.6 pounds and even though I'm not quite to where I want to be, I've officially started the transition to maintenance. What does that mean, you ask? Well, this is my last week of medicine. I was taking 3 doses a day of the appetite suppressant and today we cut that down to 1 dose a day for a week, then no more appetite suppressant. I've not really taken that regularly for the last couple of weeks, so I feel confident that I can still make the right choices even without it. I confirmed with Dr. Armstrong today, it's nothing more than to control hunger and I don't feel like that's an issue for me now. Just imagine it definitely wouldn't if I were truly drinking the entire gallon of liquid a day! :-)

The transition to maintenance, while I am certain I am ready, is freaking me out a little bit. As most of you know, this isn't the first time I've done this but I am greatly convinced it's different this time and that I can do it. Funny, there was just a Facebook post on the Garcia Weight Loss page that asked what the most difficult to avoid thing is during maintenance. My post back was something to the effect of thinking that the first time I just was going to "know" what to do and it would just take that to maintain. This time, I KNOW that it takes daily conscious effort to make the right decisions. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that this is something I am going to have to live with every day of life.

This week I have challenged myself to at least double the water I have been drinking lately, it hasn't been enough! I'm technically 5.6 pounds from where I thought I wanted goal to be. I think we are close enough to start the transition while 100% remaining on the program. I am determined to be done with the medication before the 23rd of June. I'm not sure I'm ready to blog about why yet, but you never know when a post might shown up here. :-)

I can't begin to tell you how much happier of a person I am now. I feel confident and fun and a little sexy even, sometimes. Although I'm pretty sure my boyfriend just chuckled at that comment! Haha! I think feeling like this is totally worth having to make conscious decisions about staying this way. This time, I'm not willing to give that feeling up!

So, maintenance begins...although at this point, the only change is coming off of meds. Next week, I'll be sure to fill you in on what happens during maintenance...I have to save something for you to read next time! Just know that servings change, food choices are expanded and there's a little different weigh in/visit schedule.

Have a fantastic week....I'm very much looking forward to mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment