May 2, 2011

Reflections & Inches-Week 9 Round 2

Last week I posted a link to Dr. Garcia's website and my video on there. What I had forgotten, until yesterday was that I also wrote a 'story' for their page, and it's also still on the website.

What a reflection and a look back at 'Round 1', as I've apparently dubbed it. This is the paragraph that struck me as I read this again after so long.

This is flat-out absolutely the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I know, and I’ve told others, until you’re ready to make the lifestyle change it will never, ever be successful. I was ready, I committed to the change in my lifestyle. I didn’t do this as a diet program; I did this as a lifestyle change. I did this to lose weight, look and feel fabulous and continue on living a completely different lifestyle than what my body has become used to for the past 23 years. I live my life today, completely different than I have any day in the last 23 years. First off, I live life for ME today, but what that means, is I do the things I need to do to take care of myself. Realizing, finally, that if I don’t take care of me, I’m no good to others! Today, I make sure I have time to eat properly. I plan my day and my meals, I work out or plan not to, but I am making conscious decisions.

That pretty much sums it up. It's my reason for wanting to do "Round 2" and my reason for making a commitment this time to pay attention, EVERY day!

This past week was a great week. Food wise, there were no struggles, unless you count watermelon, dang fruit gets me every time. But, it's not like I ate a bag of Skittles! Medication wise, I think I took every dose, pretty close to on time! Water-was much better than other weeks, for sure!

I also did some measurements on Saturday morning and what a great feeling that was! I rejoined the gym in October and my 'free trainer session' included measurements that day and then a month later. However, that was of course, before the restart.

Dr. Garcia's office also does a waist measurement at your first visit now, so I had that as well, but I'm happy to say, that since October 27 I have lost a total of 23.75" total, from shoulders, bust, waist, biceps, hips, thighs & calves. I'm pretty darn happy with that!

Sometimes I can't tell a difference when I look in the mirror as far as a pound here and a pound there, but I do know I'm wearing clothes that I have had that my boyfriend hasn't seen yet, which tells me that it's been at least 9 months since some of those things have fit. Knowing I can fit into my closet FULL of clothes, slowly but surely has been very gratifying. I don't feel like I'm losing sizes as quickly this time around, but I guess in Round 1, I for sure, started much heavier so the sizes seemed to drop pretty quickly to start with. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy...very happy, it's just different.

Today's weigh in appointment was a little hectic. I double (er, triple) booked myself with that appointment, a conference call and an appointment with an agency, so I was running like crazy, but managed to get in and see how the week went as far as the "numbers" go. It's all about the numbers in the long run, I suppose.

I'm happy to report that I reached a milestone today! Today's loss total was 3.4 pounds for a nine-week total of 31.4 and because of going over the 30-pound benchmark, there's a bonus!! Well, I consider it a bonus! This week I can start adding some other foods in. Mainly, tomatoes are now on the list, as well as Almond Milk (which makes great protein shakes and lasts longer than regular milk) and Sea Bass, Turnip Greens, although I wasn't losing sleep over those! I can also add in apricots and plums.

I couldn't be happier with the progress and the direction things are going. It's been super hot outside, so that makes it easier to drink the water and don't you know the first thing I ate at lunch today was a chicken salad with tomatoes in it! Dang it was good!!

I continue on...another 16 or so pounds, with a target date in my mind of when I should be there...we'll see if I can make it!

Here's hoping you all have a fabulous week, mine is shaping up to be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment