May 24, 2011

Week 12--Where do we go from here?

Gosh, it's been a couple of weeks since I've posted a blog update for you all. It's been absolutely crazy, dealing with some issues at work and traveling for work and now my grandmother needing some prayers that she will recover nicely from a fall resulting in a broken hip and lots of rehab time to come. She's 92...and up until last week was planning a move to my parents house, just to be near where she spends most of her time. Here's to hoping this is just a minor set-back for her!

Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks in so many ways. Life sometimes just gets overwhelmingly busy. I can't remember the last time I just had a quiet day or night to do "nothing" or whatever I want! I do have a vacation day on Friday and I think I'm looking forward to just getting things done that I want to do! I think when you work over a weekend it throws off all of the "things" that you plan to do, even if you don't actually "do" them! That makes sense in my head...but I'm not positive it did there! :-)

So, the reason you all read this blog is not to really see what I am stressing about or what things keep me from doing laundry or watering plants (dang it, forgot again!) or all of those things, but how the journey is progressing.

We left off on Week 9 with a total loss of 31.4 pounds and an update on losing inches and reflecting on the important things. Gosh, maybe I should read my blog once in a while!!

Well, Week 10 from what I remember, was a lot of work stress, more than I would ever even care to think about during the time when I am not working, so I'll spare you the boring details. However, the weigh in did produce a "no loss/no gain"...and a total of 31.4 pounds lost...frustrating, but completely deserved, considering the weekend that was just prior to weigh in was one with visiting work people and lots of "entertaining"! Yes, entertaining is what we'll call that. Granted, I don't deviate from the food plan, but I think someone turned my water into Vodka once or twice. Conscious decisions, I'm just going to keep repeating that to myself!

Week 11 was a much more "normal" week, if you can define "normal" these days. Work, a beach visit, just a regular week in Florida. Week 11 produced a 3.2 pound loss! Whatever I did that week, I'd like to put on "Replay" for a few more weeks!!

So now we make it to Week 12 and while I could tell you that I traveled for work for a good portion of the week and I could only control a portion of what I ate, and that I weighed in on Monday in the afternoon, rather than in the morning, and that I ate breakfast AND lunch before my weigh in...I'm not going to focus on that. The part that is the focus this week is that for the first time in the "history" of being on program with Garcia, I posted a GAIN. Granted, there was that time when I was "off" the program, I gained more than I care to admit then, but, that's a blog post from the past! OUCH! Yes, 2.2 pounds of "life got in the way" is now sitting right on my....well, I'm not exactly sure, but it's there!

When I check out of Dr. Garcia's office, the girls in there know me well, some of them are on my Facebook, some of them see me every week, same time, same place! We had a great conversation yesterday regarding my annoyance (that's the nice word) over the gain. The things listed above are true, I did only have control over a portion of what I ate last week, I did weigh in after my normal time, and after two meals but the fact of the matter is I had a gain. While there are factors that presented themselves, ultimately, I gained. So, there you have it...I'm completely human now! The conversation with the office yesterday was great though. The topic was not about the gain, but about the choices and decisions you make from this point on. I have options. I could decide to be annoyed about a 2.2 pound gain and let it become a factor in two ways. I could decide that I'm over it and just forget about reaching my goal, which is now 15.6 pounds away (and I have a time frame in mind for something to happen when I hit goal) OR I could decide that I'm over it and that's the last time I'll post a gain or give up the lack of control over what circumstances are placed in front of me.

I'm thinking you all have a pretty clear understanding of what direction I chose to go. I'm full force back on program, drinking every drop of water, taking meds on time and tonight, finished my 2nd workout of the week. There's no question, even with a holiday weekend coming up that on Tuesday night, I'll be posting a blog showing a loss. I just hope it's more than the 2.2 pounds! :-)

I suppose we could label this a little setback. Seems I have had a few of those lately in lots of aspects of my life. For the most part, all but one of those setbacks have been overcome. I see no reason why returning to my "I am going to do this and nobody is going to stop me" mindset can't just stick around at this point.

Ultimately, I have something I am so looking forward to doing, but I have to have hit goal and be off the Phendimetrazine for a period of time first....so there's a mission! Not that there hasn't been a mission all along, but now it's more of a time sensitive one ;-) That's all I'm sharing about that for now. Maybe some more another day...maybe not!

I hope you all have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend! Can you believe it's summer already??? (Well, for those of us in Florida, it's been summer for weeks!) HeeHee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment